- Free Articles
- Ethnomathematics of the Inkas Encyclopaedia of the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine in Non-Western Cultures
- Birth Encyclopedia of Medical Anthropology
- Fatherhood and Motherhood Encyclopedia of Sex and Gender
- Ethnobotany of the Incas Encyclopaedia of the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine in Non-Western Cultures
- Water Encyclopedia of Global Justice
- More Free Articles
Address of Organization
250-252 Goswell Road Clerkenwell London EC1V 7EB UK www.accountability21.net
AccountAbility works to promote accountability innovations that advance sustainable development. It develops and promotes the AA1000 Series of standards for social and ethical accounting, auditing and reporting.
AccountAbility, formerly The Institute for Social and Ethical AccountAbility, was launched in 1995 to professionalize the practice of social auditing and reporting and address the trust deficit between corporations and their stakeholders. Founding members included The Body Shop, The European Institute for Business Ethics, KPMG, Oxfam, and Shell. In 1999 AccountAbility launched the AA1000 Framework and subsequently additional standards and tools based on this foundation.
AccountAbility's mission "is to promote accountability for sustainable development." AccountAbility enables people to hold to account those