- Free Articles
- Ethnomathematics of the Inkas Encyclopaedia of the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine in Non-Western Cultures
- Birth Encyclopedia of Medical Anthropology
- Fatherhood and Motherhood Encyclopedia of Sex and Gender
- Ethnobotany of the Incas Encyclopaedia of the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine in Non-Western Cultures
- Water Encyclopedia of Global Justice
- More Free Articles
Konrad Adenauer Stifung
Address of Organization
Rathausallee 12 D-53757 Sankt Augustin Germany www.KAF.de
The Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS) is a German political foundation. It is affiliated to the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) and serves as a Christian Democratic think tank by providing civic education and development aid.
KAS was founded in 1955 as the "Society for Christian Democratic Education Work" by a number of CDU politicians for establishing a systematic civic education program inspired by Christian Democratic values. In 1964, it was renamed after Konrad Adenauer (1876-1967), first chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany and longtime chairman of the CDU. KAS has two headquarters, one in Sankt Augustin near Bonn and one in Berlin.
As a private cultural nonprofit institution, KAS is committed to the ideas and basic values of Christian Democracy. It is dedicated to offering political education, conducting fact-finding research