- Free Articles
- Reactive Scheduling of Batch Processes Encyclopedia of Optimization
- Variational methods in shape analysis Handbook of Mathematical Methods in Imaging
- History of Geomathematics: Navigation on Sea Handbook of Geomathematics
- Geomagnetic Field: Satellite Data Handbook of Geomathematics
- From Omnipotent to Omnipresent Maps Handbook of Geomathematics
- More Free Articles
Von Neumann, John
Keywords Theory of games - Hilbert space - Logical design - Numerical analysis - Duality theorem - Theory of automata
John von Neumann
Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things, you just get used to them.
A very intelligent mathematician and scientist, John von Neumann (1903-1957) worked in the area of set theory, game theory , economic behavior, operator algebra, quantum mechanics, computer science, neural network, and the theory of automata . He was also one of the first five professors at the Institute for Advanced Studies (IAS), whose purpose was 'the pursuit of advanced learning and exploration in fields of pure science and high scholarship' .
Von Neumann was born in Budapest on December 28, 1903. He was a mathematical prodigy with extraordinarily fast thinking and an effectively 'photographic memory'. In 1921 he was sent to study at the Lutheran Gymnasium (Agostai Hitvallasu