- Free Articles
- Reactive Scheduling of Batch Processes Encyclopedia of Optimization
- Variational methods in shape analysis Handbook of Mathematical Methods in Imaging
- History of Geomathematics: Navigation on Sea Handbook of Geomathematics
- Geomagnetic Field: Satellite Data Handbook of Geomathematics
- From Omnipotent to Omnipresent Maps Handbook of Geomathematics
- More Free Articles
Multi-objective Integer Linear Programming
Keywords Multi-objective programming - Integer - Linear programming
From the 1970s onwards, multi-objective linear programming (MOLP) methods with continuous solutions have been developed . However, it is well known that discrete variables are unavoidable in the linear programming modeling of many applications, for instance, to represent an investment choice, a production level, etc.
The mathematical structure is then integer linear programming (ILP), associated with MOLP giving a MOILP problem. Unfortunately, MOILP cannot be solved by simply combining ILP and MOLP methods, because it has got its own specific difficulties.