- Free Articles
- Suffix Tree Construction in Hierarchical Memory Encyclopedia of Algorithms
- Probabilistic Data Forwarding in Wireless Sensor Networks Encyclopedia of Algorithms
- Renaming Encyclopedia of Algorithms
- Time in Philosophical Logic Encyclopedia of Database Systems
- Indoor Localization Encyclopedia of GIS
- More Free Articles
Nash Equilibria and Dominant Strategies in Routing
Keywords and Synonyms
Strategyproof; Truthful; Nash; BB
This problem is concerned with the multicast routing and cost sharing in a selfish network composed of relay terminals and receivers. This problem is motivated by the recent observation that the selfish behavior of the network could largely degraded existing system performance, even dysfunction. The work of Wang, Li and Chu  first presented some negative results of the strategyproof mechanism in multicast routing and sharing, and then proposed a new solution based on Nash Equilibrium that could greatly improve the performance.
Wang, Li and Chu modeled a network by a link weighted graph , where V is the set of all nodes and is the cost vector of the set E of links. For a multicast session, let Q denote the set of all receivers. In game theoretical networking literatures, usually there are two models for the multicast cost/payment sharing.