- Free Articles
- Astrology of Mandalas Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Anthropomorphism Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Mandalas Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Quantum Chaos Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science
- Carbohydrate-Metal Complexes: Structural Chemistry of Stable Solution Species Glycoscience
- More Free Articles
Despite the often grave consequences of schizophrenia, in recent years several types of treatments have gained empirical support as helpful interventions to ease symptoms and improve functioning, including some antipsychotic medications, supported employment, assertive community treatment, integrated treatment for dual disorders, cognitive-behavioral therapy, family psychoeducation, illness management and recovery, cognitive remediation, and social skills training. The successes of these interventions have created evidence-based hope that schizophrenia is a condition that is manageable, treatable, and from which recovery is a very realistic possibility.