- Free Articles
- Mars Encyclopedia of Astrobiology
- Quantum Chaos Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science
- Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy Soft Matter Characterization
- Tsunami Forecasting and Warning Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science
- Visualizing Properties of Polymers at Interfaces Soft Matter Characterization
- More Free Articles
A chemolithotroph is an organism that is able to use inorganic reduced compounds as a source of energy. This mode of metabolism is known as chemolithotrophy.
Chemolithotrophy was discovered by Winogradsky while studying the microorganisms involved in the oxidation of sulfur compounds.