- Free Articles
- Astrology of Mandalas Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Anthropomorphism Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Mandalas Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Quantum Chaos Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science
- Carbohydrate-Metal Complexes: Structural Chemistry of Stable Solution Species Glycoscience
- More Free Articles
Uninvolved parents are described as cold and uninterested in their child's needs. They keep their child at a distance by minimizing time-sharing and interaction. They have a low degree of commitment to their role as parents .
Parenting styles are described as the set of parental attitudes, practices and non-verbal expressions that characterize parent-child interactions across various situations . A number of different studies reveal that the quality of parenting practices has a strong effect on children's development. Various forms of psychopathology and key emotional and behavioral problems have been associated with a range of family risk factors, such as poor parenting, lack of a warm positive relationship between children and parents, insecure attachment, and inadequate involvement with children .