- Free Articles
- Astrology of Mandalas Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Anthropomorphism Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Mandalas Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Quantum Chaos Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science
- Carbohydrate-Metal Complexes: Structural Chemistry of Stable Solution Species Glycoscience
- More Free Articles
According to DSM IV  social anxiety disorder is "a marked and persistent fear of one or more social performance situations in which the person is exposed to unfamiliar people or possible scrutiny by others." It is a disorder with a very broad range of implications as most of our daily activities revolve around social encounters. It is especially debilitating because seemingly routine tasks become an ordeal for the individuals suffering from the disorder.
Social phobia is a common disorder with vast implications; its effects range from interpersonal problems to inability to meet developmental milestones. The socially anxious youth struggle with the inherent anxiety as well as the social implications of their anxious behavior.
In first period chemistry, I was up to my ears in dread-dread