- Free Articles
- Astrology of Mandalas Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Anthropomorphism Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Mandalas Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Quantum Chaos Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science
- Carbohydrate-Metal Complexes: Structural Chemistry of Stable Solution Species Glycoscience
- More Free Articles
A psychological assessment performed for use in a school setting, which is typically used to identify, for educational or diagnostic purposes, a student's academic strengths and weaknesses.
Psychoeducational assessments are primarily conducted by school psychological staff and/or external, clinical psychologists for usage within the school context. Results of the assessment can be used to make educational identifications, e.g., academic giftedness and/or formal diagnoses, e.g., reading disability. The results can assist school staff and parents in obtaining a better understanding of a student's individual learning strengths and needs, and providing educational programming accordingly.
A typical school based referral for a psychological assessment includes the administration of a number of standardized tests. Standardized tests allow the child to be compared