- Free Articles
- Astrology of Mandalas Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Anthropomorphism Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Mandalas Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Quantum Chaos Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science
- Carbohydrate-Metal Complexes: Structural Chemistry of Stable Solution Species Glycoscience
- More Free Articles
Global Assessment of Functioning Scales
Global assessment of functioning scales are intended for use by mental health professionals to rate the overall functioning of their patients, taking into account occupational/school, social, and psychological symptoms.
There is consensus that clinical indices of overall functioning have utility in treatment of mental illness and impairment . Functional impairment is often the impetus for clinical referral and entry into treatment . Additionally, global assessment scales allow clinicians to integrate information from many areas of the patient's functioning into one clinically meaningful index . This information can then be used in planning treatment and evaluating outcome of interventions.