- Free Articles
- Astrology of Mandalas Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Anthropomorphism Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Mandalas Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- Quantum Chaos Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science
- Carbohydrate-Metal Complexes: Structural Chemistry of Stable Solution Species Glycoscience
- More Free Articles
Autism Behavior Checklist
The Autism Behavior Checklist (ABC) was designed to offer a method to more objectively identify autism in children. The scale utilizes an observer's rating of the child's behavior to quantify behaviors typically associated with Autism.
The ABC was developed as a clinical measure to screen for autism in individuals 3-35-years-of-age. The scale was developed in 1980 and has not undergone revision since then. The ABC consists of 57 item and 5 scales (1) Sensory, (2) Relating, (3) Body and Object use, (4) Language and (5) Social and Self-help .
The items included in the ABC were grouped on the five subscales primarily based on face validity. The items themselves were chosen from many sources, including Kanner's  article which first outlined autism and Lovaas et al.  work on autism.. After items were written and finalized, internationally recognized experts in the field of autism were asked to provide feedback